Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The christmas loot

Christmas around my house is always fun. My mom freaks out and cancels Christmas at least twice because my dad is too busy watching football to put little toothpicks it cubes of cheese and audrey is busy peeling back wrapping paper on gifts with her name on them when she thinks no one is looking. I'm usually stuck in the kitchen, watching my mom mix a deadly combination of whipped cream, pineapple, apples, grapes, marshmallows, and sour cream, then call it ambrosia....and then three days later i'm stuck holding my nose closed with one hand while i try to rake it out while not letting any of it touch me. Then the sisters get here, whine until we get to open presents, even though everyone knows what they got because my mom cannot keep a secret. Don't get me wrong, i love love looove Christmas with my family. They're just very eccentric.

I got great stuff though. A dvd/vcr combo, all in one printer, PEARLS. yup. Then comes the yanno....undesirables. My mom bought me a button maker. Because when i was 13 i wanted one more than anything. So now I can write things like, "i'm bringing sexy back" and then pin it to my backpack. She bought me this because wal mat was out of bedazzlers. I kid you not. I came thisclose to getting a bedazzler. Then there is the Adventures of the Human Body set i got. This sounds like a great gift for a pre-med student...except it was made the same day that God made Adam. I'm not even sure all organs, bones, etc are accounted for in this....set. It was a result of my mom's new eBay obsession.



the only thing that could have possibly topped this would be a "Buy the sweater, get the elbow patches....FOR FREE...We'll even sew them on for you" deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home